Nawab Mohammed Abdul Ali, Prince of Arcot was the guest speaker at this year’s Mother Teresa Interfaith meeting on Sunday, November 17, 2pm at the Catholic Church of Christ the King in Mt Roskill.
Over 200 guests gathered at Parliament on 6 November to celebrate Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Lights. Prime Minister Rt Hon John Key attended the function which was hosted by the Minister for Ethnic Affairs Hon Judith Collins.
New Zealand's first Muslim World Forum took place in Auckland on Saturday, 23 November.
Members of the Inter-Religious Organisation (IRO) Singapore gathered on Monday evening to pray for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan.
The Missionary Benedictine Sisters were managing Divine Word Hospital in the city and the Missionaries of Charity were running homes for children, elderly and sick. Tsunami-like waves that engulfed the city spared their buildings, but floodwaters and a power blackout did their share of ruin.Last Updated on Nov202013
Grieving survivors of a monster typhoon in the mainly Catholic Philippines have flocked to shattered churches, listening to soothing sermons and asking questions of God nine days after the storm ripped their communities apart.
CANGUMBANG, Philippines — Many Americans and U.S. religious groups in the Philippines who help poor families and their children year-round were on the island province of Leyte when Haiyan struck. But only now have they been able to make it to some of the remote villages they serve.
On Sunday 17 November, thousands of people around Australia have gathered to call for increased action in the cause of climate change. ABC Local interviewed leaders from three faith and climate change groups.
A Christian group is operating a solar powered radio station in typhoon affected areas to help people return to normalcy and deliver critical information.
World Vision is on the ground determining the needs and the full scale of the response. In disasters like this, food, clean water, essential household supplies, hygiene kits and emergency shelter are the most urgent needs.Last Updated on Nov162013
A giant statue of Jesus has survived the Typhoon Haiyan disaster.Last Updated on Nov162013
TACLOBAN, Philippines — Emergency supplies started flowing into typhoon-devastated areas of the Philippines on Thursday, with a U.S. aircraft carrier group bringing helicopters to ferry in medicine and water.
Filipino New Zealanders have been among thousands turning out to Catholic prayer vigils for Typhoon Haiyan victims this week.
Aukland's Jewish Community will celebrate Hanukah at the Albert Park Bandstand in Auckand on Sunday, December 1.
The Catholic Bishops Interfaith Committee received an award from the Human Rights Commission at the annual New Zealand Diversity Awards held in Wellington for their contribution to the New Zealand Diversity Action Programme.
Around 40 people attended the Annual Religious Diversity forum, as part of the wider NZ Diversity forum, in Wellington on 26 August. The focus of this year’s forum was on media and religion.
The South Asian Studies Group from the School of Economics at the University of Sydney will conduct an international workshop in celebration of the 150 anniversary of the birth of Swami Viviekananda.
Registrations are now open for the annual New Zealand Diversity Forum, to be held in Wellington Monday 26 August at Te Papa, Wellington.
Dr. Ingrid Mattson will be speaking at the Dunedin Abrahamic Interfaith Group and Otago tertiary Chaplaincy Annual Open Lecture. The topic of her speech will be “Interfaith engagement for peace – A Muslim perspective”
The Report on the Regional Interfaith Forum, held in Hamilton on Sunday, 7 June 2013, has been completed.
An international journalism group will award a Filipino magazine editor an honourable mention for promoting inter-religious dialogue in Mindanao.
The Interfaith Search Fiji convened at the Sanatan Dharm Shiv Madir Hall in Rewa Street, Suva and held discussions on the topic “Unity in Diversity of Faiths as Stated in Our Scriptures.
A two day symposium on Religion Journalism will be conducted by the Griffith University Multifaith Centre, 30-31 October 2013Last Updated on Aug212013
The Multifaith Association of South Australia will conduct the 4th Interfaith Symposium. The topic of this year is "Unity in diversity" which will discuss about the future of Faiths in a globalised world.Last Updated on Aug212013
The Dalai Lama offered words of hope and encouragement to a youth delegation of world faiths during his latest New Zealand tour.
The Waikato Interfaith Council hosted a successful interfaith forum in Hamilton at the Hamilton Gardens on 9 June.
s part of his four-day visit to New Zealand, His Holiness the Dalai Lama of Tibet attended numerous events in Christchurch and Dunedin on June 10 and June 11.
The movement founded by a catholic missionary has won the 2013 Goi Peace Award. Decades long commitment to fostering encounter between Christians and Muslims in an area of tension and violence. The movement efforts an "inspiration" for entire world. The award delivered in Tokyo on November 27.
The Office of the Children’s Commissioner will host two faith leaders and faith community action-takers workshops on family violence prevention: “Faith Communities Against Family Violence: Taking a noble idea and turning it into action.”
This symposium will examine how journalists can better report on faith and how faith leaders and opinion makers can encourage the inclusion of religious perspectives in the news.
Two speakers who have attended major women’s rights meetings at the United Nations addressed a reception following a service held at the Baha’i Temple in Sydney on 24 March to mark International Women’s Day.
The US State Department’s annual International Religious Freedom Report, published in July, commented favourably on the current state of religious freedom and interfaith relations in New Zealand.
Voices raised in harmony adorned the opening of a World Religion Day celebration attended by a capacity audience at the Baha’i Centre of Learning in Brisbane on 3 February 2013.
World Interfaith Harmony Week was launched in Melbourne at Parliament House, on Friday, 1 February 2013
MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine-sponsored resolution promoting inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue for global peace and understanding has received strong backing from United Nations, the Dept. of Foreign Affairs said Monday.
The Australian Council of Christians and Jews has announced the Australian Catholic University in Brisbane as the venue for the organisation’s 2013 regional conference.
Being the last day of school for many Queensland students, Dr Mohamad Abdalla took the opportunity at a Friday sermon to deliver an impassioned appeal to the young boys and girls in the congregation to embrace their identity in this country both as Muslims and as Australians
As part of the 2013 Australia Day Festival, to be held at the Parklands, Southbank, Brisbane a Celebration of Faiths event will be held.
During November the NZ Herald continued its increased coverage on religious diversity with a focus on the diverse faiths in Auckland.
Gopalkrishna Gandhi, former Governor of the Indian State of West Bengal and grandson of Mahatma Gandhi was the Chief Guest at the third Mother Teresa Interfaith meeting held on Sunday, November 18 at 3 pm at the Christ the King Church, Mt Roskill in Auckland.
The Interfaith Centre of Melbourne will conduct a one-day interfaith seminar on The Art of Living and Dying, examining how different religious traditions meet with these challenges.
The Hindu Council of New Zealand have provided a guide to celebrating Deepavali (Deepawali, Diwali) for official functions.Last Updated on Oct172012
The Multicultural Development Association of Queensland (MDA) hosted a community information session organised by Brisbane’s Rohingya community.
Representatives of seven of the world’s major religions read from their sacred scriptures at an International Day of Peace interfaith service at the Baha’i Temple in Sydney, Australia, on 22 September.
MANILA, Philippines—Amid fresh outbreaks of sectarian violence in the Middle East, President Benigno Aquino III on Friday rallied Filipinos to do their part in bringing peace to the country, which is still wracked by Muslim secessionism and communist insurgency.
A LOCAL Islamic group said Friday that there is no enough justification on the attack by protesters on the United States consulate in Benghazi that killed an American ambassador and three embassy staffs.
United States President Barack Obama's special assistant Joshua DuBois will be in the Philippines for a two-day visit from September 4 to 6 to tackle human trafficking issues with faith-based organizations in the country.
Loujaya Toni is one of three women to win seats in the 111-member PNG Parliament in the recent election. The last Parliament had just one female, the Queensland-born PNG political veteran Dame Carol Kidu.
The Catholic Church in Fiji expressed support of the government's principle of a secular state.
Calls for Fiji to become an officially Christian state have been rejected by one of the country's main Hindu groups.
The Waikato Interfaith Council (WIFCO) received a 2012 New Zealand Diversity Award for their outstanding contribution to promoting interfaith relations and religious diversity in New Zealand last month.
Awakening the Dreamer - Changing the Dream Symposium will be conducted at the Brahma Kumaris Retreat Centre in Frankston, Victoria on Saturday October 6th from 11am-4pm
The Week of Prayer for World Peace is an opportunity for people of all faiths to pray in their own gatherings or with people of other faiths for world peace. The Week will be observed in New Zealand from 14-21 October.
On Saturday August 25, the Dominion Post newspaper published a story about the decision by Lower Hutt’s Dowse art gallery to run an exhibition, part of which would be off-limits to men. Banning blokes from watching footage of Muslim women at home without their veils could count as sex discrimination, the paper reported.
A three day residential leadership training program for young leaders of a variety of faiths will be held in Kyneton, Victoria, during February, 2013.
The B'nai Brith Anti Defamation Commission aims to promote respect and justice and oppose racism and hatred. They run many programs one of which is a Multifaith Future Leaders Program.Last Updated on Sep032012
- Victorian Interfaith Networks Conference 2012
- Interfaith Dialogue with Venerable Thich Tinh Dao
- Philippines: A Youth Interfaith Project in Basilan
- Philippines: Ramadan Medical Mission at Sangali
- Philippines: Wisdom from interfaith action needed for lasting peace
- Multiple Religious Modernities
- New Zealand - Interfaith Tree Planting Day
- Listening to the Land: Balcombe Creek, Victoria, Australia
- Ahmadiyya Muslim Association Peace Symposium – Victoria
- Conversation, Community, Connectedness
- Western Interfaith Networks Regional Meeting
- Philippines: Buddhist Monastery offers 3 month live in
- Philippines: Whole-of-Government peace process for MILF
- Philippines: Mindanao Interfaith Services Foundation Disaster Assistance Project
- Philippines: Cluster training on Peace Advocacy
- Philippines: Mid-life in religious life
- Australia: Interfaith Youth speak about The census and religion
- Australia: 10th Abraham Conference ~ Family in the Three Abrahamic Faiths
- Comparative Theology: an experiment in interfaith understanding
- Australia: Columban Priest honoured for Interfaith Work
- New Zealand: Mana Ma-ori and Christianity
- New Zealand: Religious Diversity 2004 - 2011
- New Zealand Diversity Forum to engage Rainbow Spirit and Interfaith
- New Zealand: Accommodating Religious Diversity in Health Services
- New Zealand: Raising Awareness of Religious Diversity
- Big turnout for Jewish Christian Muslim Conference
- New Zealand: Youth Forum to include Interfaith Tour
- New Zealand: Annual Religious Diversity Forum
- New Zealand Diversity Forum to include more religious diversity sessions
- Canberra: Mosque proposal divides residents
- From Religious Diversity to a Multi-Faith Society
- Youth Climate Embassy 2012
- Christian, Muslim youth gather for dialogue in Mindanao
- 2012 New Zealand Interfaith Forum
- Fiji: PM says Prophet's teachings transcend all barriers
- First Islamic Museum in Australia inaugurated
- Interfaith Forum Opens in Hamilton, New Zealand
- Maryknoll nuns in Philippines celebrate interfaith work
- Philippines support Human Rights Education and Training
- New Zealand: Religious Diversity Concerns in the Workplace
- 9th New Zealand Interfaith Forum
- Philippines: Zamboanga Mayor supports World Interfaith Harmony Week
- Adelaide: Australia Day Multifaith Celebration
- Fiji: Permits for Religious Functions
- Fiji: Faith is more than just words
- Philippines consider challenges for World Interfaith Harmony Week
- World Interfaith Harmony Week
- New Zealand: Intolerance and the Virgin Mary
- Philippines: Declaration of Solidarity at Taluksangay Mosque
- Philippines: PAZSALAMAT 2011 Reflects Scope and Range of Interfaith Activities
- Philippines: Interfaith Organisations join Balsa Mindanao relief efforts
- Remembering the first NZ Christmas
- Christmas services go outdoors as quakes again hit New Zealand city
- Philippines: Woman leaders hold interfaith forum at UST
- New Melbourne TV program about Interfaith relations: "Harmony in Diversity"
- Australian Buddhist community represented at the first Global Buddhist Congregation
- Education enables reconciliation and hope
- Multi-faith centre plan gets united nod
- Women and Interfaith: Pilgrims of Peace, Pilgrims of Truth
- Fiji: Cultural Centre gives musical instruments to cultural and religious groups
- Creating Religious Harmony and Social Cohesion in the City of Hume
- Violence against women is wrong – on any day, in any way
- Philippines Youth tackle Climate Change
- Birth of Baha’u’llah celebrated in Perth
- Resident Ambassador strengthens relations between Australia and Holy See
- Mindanao Week of Peace launched in Zamboanga City
- Australia: Nonviolent Leadership for Interfaith Peacebuilders Program
- New Zealand - Annual Race Relations Reports
- New Zealand: 9th Annual National Interfaith Forum, 18-19 February 2012, Hamilton
- Auckland: Faithful chant devotionals round the clock
- Muslim, Christian peace advocates to hold interfaith dialogues in the Philippines
- Fiji: Faiths and Common Worship
- New Zealand: A Relevant Question
- New Zealand Labour Party create Interfaith Dialogue Portfolio
- Fiji: PM sends Diwali Message
- New Zealand:Minister stresses openness with Muslim community
- Fiji: Interfaith experience of Diwali
- Zetland Mosque: Seeking a Multifaith Australia
- Imagining a Better Future in a Multi-faith World
- Balangayan Conference Builds Solidarity Among Faith-based Groups