The US-Government sponsored Commission on International Religious Freedom has issued its latest report this week and one of its authors concludes that "aggressive secularism" is rife in Western Europe.
DOHA April 26 : The 10th Doha Interfaith Dialogue conference concluded with a call to the international community to strongly denounce all forms of violence and oppression against religious scholars and leaders in different parts of the world, especially in Syria..
The 10th Doha Conference on Interfaith Dialogue will examine a call to revive the culture of dialogue to fight the deepening divide on sectarian and religious lines in several countries of the world including the Arab region.
Cardinal Ravasi, President of the Pontifical Council for Culture cautioned that both “direct and indirect religious persecution” is growing in many areas of the world, even in democratic nations.
Interfaith dialogue. The relationship between faith and science. The unification of people through beauty itself. These were some of the key themes touched upon in today's Vatican-sponsored TEDx conference.
Vatican City - Recognizing the important role each other plays on the global stage, Pope Francis and U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon met Tuesday at the Vatican, discussing common efforts to promote peace and protect human dignity.
With 1000 days to go for the Millennium Development Goals, Religious leadership stresses they are achievable.
Pope Francis has told the Vatican's chief doctrinal enforcer he should respond "decisively" to the issue of sexual abuse of minor by clergy, the Vatican said Friday.
If the Jewish world was waiting for a sign from Pope Francis regarding his relations with its community, it didn't take long. On his first day, the Pope wrote to the Chief Rabbi of Rome.
(Vatican Radio) British Minister for Faith and Communities Baroness Warsi says Pope Francis' simplicity resonates with people, especially during the current global financial crisis.
Death, destruction and United Nations preventive military efforts often command public and media attention. The other purposes and activities of the U.N. – concentrating, for instance, on developing respect for rights, preventing discrimination, economic development, and cultural coexistence – receive less attention.
The World Council of Churches' General Secretary welcomed the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Dialogue on Protection Challenges with the theme of 'Faith and Protection' which was held on 12-13 December 2012 at the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon today lauded the commitment of Pope Benedict XVI to inter-faith dialogue and the promotion of peace, in reaction to the Pontiff’s decision to step down at the end of this month.
In delivering the 2013 UN Message to World Interfaith Harmony week, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said "For billions of people around the world, faith is an essential foundation of life."
Fewer girls are subjected to the life-threatening practice of female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) according to new data from the United Nations, released on 6 February, the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation
A High-level meeting was conducted in London as a follow-up to the UN Resolution on Religious Tolerance in the 67th Assembly. The Secretary General of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) addressed the meeting.
In an inter-religious service organized by the Vatican, the World Council of Churches (WCC) general secretary Rev. Dr Olav Fykse Tveit stressed the importance of “expressions for peace and the mutual respect for the dignity of the other”.
In a guest editorial on Reuters Faithworld Blog, the Grand Mufti of Egypt calls for interfaith harmony, a reduction in unscholarly fatwas and the promotion of a moderate, tolerant view of Islam.
Leaders of religious and faith-based communities assembled at this National Religious Leaders Conference on November 20 to mark the ‘World Day of Spirituality and Action for Children’, pledge their commitment to act as a matter of urgency to prevent child abuse.
"Love of God and Love of the Neighbour or Love of the Good and Love of the Neighbour"
World Interfaith Harmony Week is a UN Observance which takes place during the first week of February each year. World Interfaith Harmony Week will commence on Friday, 1 February, 2013.Last Updated on Jan102013
The United Nations is set to engage Faith Based Organisations (FBOs) across the globe to promote world peace through communication, awareness raising and educational activities to enhance inter-religious dialogue and tolerance among all faiths.Last Updated on Jan222013
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf has underlined the need for interfaith dialogue for promotion of peace and harmony in the society.
(Reuters) - People with no religious affiliation make up the third-largest global group in a new study of the size of the world's faiths, placing after Christians and Muslims and just before Hindus.
Iran’s parliament has banned airplanes from flying in the country during the Azan call to Islamic prayer, the semi-official Mehr news agency has reported.
20 December 2012 – Marking International Human Solidarity Day, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today highlighted the benefits of inclusive cooperation, saying that strides made in reducing poverty and advancing democratic freedoms in recent years were proving that point.
Two Tibetans have been detained in China for "inciting" self-immolations just days after authorities announced that anybody accused of abetting the fiery protests could be charged with homicide.
In December of 2009, Australia hosted the Parliament of the World's Religions. Brussels was selected as the host city for the forthcoming Parliament.Last Updated on Dec162012
The UN Millennium Development Goals (MDG) will change to Sustainable Development Goals after 2015. The UN seeks input on what these goals and priorities ought be, for the world.Last Updated on Dec162012
Religions for Peace Sri Lanka Advances Post-War Reconciliation and Healing: RfP Sri Lanka’s 12th District-level Interreligious Council Launched in Kirinochchi, the most war-affected region and the ex-stronghold of LTTE
UK: A new guide launched over the weekend by the Christian Muslim Forum (CMF), dealing with interfaith marriages between members of the two faith groups.
CAIRO – Unlike their peers around the world, Muslim women in China are enjoying having female-only mosques and getting a unique opportunity to develop their religious knowledge.
Muslims wishing to use Mecca 's first metro when they converge on the holy city next month for their annual pilgrimage will have to pay SR250 for a ticket that will serve them for seven days.
Seventy European Muslim and Jewish leaders pledged on Wednesday to show “zero tolerance” to hate preachers of any faith including their own ranks, citing what they called rising religious intolerance on the continent.
Coptic Christian leaders in the United States distanced themselves from an anti-Muslim film that has sparked protests in more than 24 countries, and denounced the Copts who reportedly produced and promoted the film.
Brussels – the capital of the Belgium has been chosen as the host city of the Parliament of the World’s Religions in 2014.
VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Religious communities can assist the North African and Middle Eastern pro-democracy movements by upholding human dignity and not trying to claim power for one religion or one movement within a religion, a senior Vatican official said.
Pope Benedict’s visit to Lebanon ranked as potentially his most dangerous even before this week’s protests in the Middle East raised the stakes, but he said on Friday he never considered calling it off for safety reasons.
The Union Theological Seminary in New York is partnering with the Jewish Theological Seminary in an experiment in which 12 Christian, Jewish and Muslim women will be divided into small groups to meet regularly and, if funding can be found, live together.
The 9/11 terrorist attacks on the United States continues to influence campus discussions and prompt Elon University to promote an atmosphere of peace and tolerance.
LAHORE: Members of Council for Interfaith Dialogue have condemned the producers of sacrilegious movie that has damaged the religious feelings of the entire Muslim community of the world.
DAYTON, Ohio — Arriving from Kuwait to attend college here, Mai Alhamad wondered how Americans would receive a Muslim, especially one whose head scarf broadcasts her religious identity.
The work of Taiwanese Conference on Religion and Peace, which every year organizes interfaith events among young people. This year’s meeting - the 13th - was attended by representatives of 10 different faiths.
BHOPAL: Madhya Pradesh is all set to host an international conference on Hinduism and Buddhism next month with a view to promote inter-religious dialogue and exchange of ideas.
The Interreligious Gathering of Prayer for World Peace theme was "The Response of Religious Leaders to Natural Disasters." The two days of programs included addresses, a symposium, a forum, and a ceremony of prayer for world peace.
Pakistan Peace and Harmony Network speakers say religions teach peace, brotherhood, protection of others’ rights.
Women from different faiths in South Africa have participated in an Interfaith Prayer Service against violence on women and children.
Islamabad—Interior Minister Rehman Malik said that the government is going to constitute inter-faith council to create harmony in the country. In an interview with Radio Pakistan, he said the council will be comprised on Ulema of all religious sections and its chairmanship will be rotated among them after every three months.
Remarks at the Release of the 2011 International Religious Freedom Report by Hilary Rodham Clinton, US Secretary of State
Meeting in Madrid for a three-day inter-faith conference sponsored by Saudi Arabia, representatives of the world's main monotheistic religions called for an international agreement to combat terrorism and prevent "a clash of civilisations".
Governments restricted religious freedom in a variety of ways, such as passing laws that favored state-sanctioned groups even as they restricted the rights of others to practice their religion.
The United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDG's) were targetted to the year 2015. UN Secretary General Moon has taken steps to ensure these goals are met in the Sustainable Development Solutions Network.Last Updated on Aug142012
The Westminster Faith debates, organised by the AHRC/ESRC Religion and Society Programme, concluded this week with a debate between former Prime Minister Tony Blair, the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, and the former Daily Telegraph editor Charles Moore.
ISLAMABAD – In a bid to promote interfaith harmony in Pakistan, Minister of State for National Harmony, Akram Masih Gill, said on Wednesday that formation of national peace committees for interfaith harmony was under way.
A landmark three-day Christian-Muslim peace conference concluded on a hopeful note here by issuing an appeal to religious leaders and institutions to collaborate on promoting human rights, self-determination, peaceful co-existence, and non-violence, particularly in Jerusalem and the Holy Land.
Austria's parliament on Friday officially approved the creation of a new inter-religious dialogue center in the country's capital, Vienna, supported and financed by Saudi Arabia.
LAHORE - Peace and Harmony Network Pakistan arranged a roundtable conference on Tuesday that was addressed by elected and political leadership, Islamic scholars and representatives from Christian, Hindu and Sikh religions.
ISLAMABAD: In a day and age where people in Pakistan have a choice from close to 100 public and private television channels, there are few there where one can turn to for greater interfaith harmony.
Dharamshala: On July 7, 22-year-old Tsewang Dorjee set himself on fire in the main market of Damshung County, (Chinese: Dangxiong) about 160 kms from the capital, Lhasa in central Tibet.
The work of faith groups to tackle poverty around the world was applauded by the British government at the launch of the Faith Partnership Principles.
Vatican City: A group of Muslims and Catholics have met at the Vatican and exchanged views about their relations "in the current situation of the world".
An Italian Jesuit who was recently expelled from Syria for criticizing the government’s crackdown on the uprising there had spent three decades in the country, creating a small oasis of peace and interfaith dialogue.
- Language Matters: Talking About Islam and Muslims
- London Olympics and Ramadan
- Arab Spring: Muslims Want Democracy, Personal Freedoms, and Islam in Political Life
- Europe - vision of Living Together in Diversity and Harmony
- Restoring Dignity - a commitment to end violence against women
- 4th Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions
- The Queen's Multi-faith Society
- Interfaith Voices: A 10-year anniversary
- Pakistan - Women's role in promoting Interfaith Harmony
- Vatican to control dot.catholic internet domain
- Asean waters down human rights draft: leaked document
- Queen highlights Church of England's duty to all faiths
- Who Is Boko Haram and What Do They Want?
- Archbishop Tutu promises the Dalai Lama to meet again in a free Tibet
- Pakistan: Speakers call for interfaith harmony
- Dalai Lama returns home after a successful eye surgery
- UN General Assembly President on World Interfaith Harmony Week: 1-7 February 2012
- King Abdullah, Leader of Consequence
- Tibetan Buddhists believe Minnesota 5-year-old to be reincarnation of spiritual guru
- Interfaith Peace Chant
- Missionaries encounter a Shinto scholar
- Photographic Exhibit Celebrates Germany’s Religious Diversity
- Pope pleas for religious/ethnic toleration in speech to diplomats
- US Seriously Concerned Over Tibetan Self-Immolations
- Pakistan: Interfaith League against Poverty conducts Peace Workshops
- US Committed to Combat Hate and Intolerance
- St Louis: Jewish-Muslim Day of Community Service on December 25
- New York Muslim Leaders Plan Boycott of Interfaith Breakfast With Mayor
- Pope hints at significance of Assisi Event
- Buddha Memorial Center built in Kaohsiung, China's Taiwan
- HH Dalai Lama visits Sufi Muslims - a video on interfaith initiative
- "Jesus and Me!" — A Muslim Ponders
- South Africa's Dalai Lama Visa Denial In Court
- Pakistan: Senate Chairman urges interfaith harmony for achieving prosperity
- Nigeria: Integrate inter-faith dialogue in school curriculum
- Pakistan: Sufi teachings can help establish peace in region, seminar told
- UN Proposals on eliminating Religious Intolerance
- UN condemns religious intolerance, drops "defamation" line for first time in years
- Pune: The Universe is a Family
- UN chief underscores importance of interfaith dialogue
- Buddhism set to be organised globally
- Human Rights Commission a "step in the right direction" for Pakistan
- Catholic-Muslim dialogue flourishes despite rocky start
- Pakistan to hold International Conference on Interfaith and Inter-Cultural Harmony
- Faith leaders united in Durban climate change action call
- Interfaith Networks and the Durban Climate Change Conference
- Notes from the first Buddhist Geeks conference
- 2011 Inter Faith Week in the United Kingdom
- DICID: 9th Interfaith Dialogue Declaration on Social Media
- Religious Leaders assess impact of Social Media
- DOHA: Interfaith Dialogue focuses on Social Media
- Assisi: Pope won't take part in common prayers
- Pakistan: President greets Hindus on Diwali; calls for Interfaith Harmony
- Pakistan: Call for Dialogue to Promote Interfaith Harmony
- Power of Prayer - Ecumenism and the spirit of Assisi
- India: Kochi to host Interfaith Dialogue in January
- Vatican Message to Hindus highlights Religious Freedom
- Dialogue vital tool to foster understanding among different faiths – UN expert
- Interfaith Meet to Discuss Role of Social Media
- ASEM - IFD7 Manila Interfaith Dialogue focuses on Migration
- World faiths to attend Vatican ceremony
- After Japan disasters, religious leaders explore 'another way of living'
- Vienna Interfaith Centre aims to promote tolerance
- 7th ASEM Interfaith Dialogue ends with a “Manila Statement”
- ASEM 7th Interfaith Dialogue Communique
- 12,000 Muslims Attend London Peace Conference
- Canada Creates Office of Religious Freedom
- Gandhi - Interfaith Pioneer
- Pope Benedict wins over German Muslims in first meeting since Regensburg speech
- Dalai Lama questions need for Tibetan Buddhist spiritual post to continue
- UK: Archbishop shares future goals for interfaith relations
- UN International Day of Peace - September 21
- NY Imam on an Interfaith Mission
- Most U.S. Muslims satisfied, support for extremism low – Pew Forum report
- Hindus wish Pope the best on World Youth Day 2011
- Restrictions on religion increase globally
- Mosque named after Jesus Christ
- Interfaith relations seen as both better, worse, since terror attacks
- Mercy is the key to Interreligious dialogue
- Interfaith harmony only way to get rid of war on terror